1) Any private sector Bahraini businessman or businesswoman not less than thirty years of age, enjoying a good reputation and willing to serve the objectives of the Association, may apply for membership provided he/she shall meet at least one of the following conditions:
- To be an elected natural member in the board of directors of a public share holding company.
- To be the Chairman or a Member of the Executive Committee of a Private Company whose capital is not less than one hundred thousand Bahraini Dinars.
- To be the owner of an establishment with capital not less than fifty thousand Bahraini Dinars, which has been registered with the Ministry of Commerce for at least five years.
- To be a partner in a company of any kind not mentioned above, provided his share is not less than fifty thousand Bahraini Dinars, and the company has been incorporated for five years.
- To be the Chief Executive Officer or General Manager of a public share holding company.
- To be a Bahraini expert in economic affairs with previous participation in preparation of worthwhile economic research.
2) Associate Membership will be given to non-Bahrainis who satisfy the above criteria, but they may not be elected for the Board of Directors.
3) Membership applications shall be submitted on the specified membership forms and must be proposed and endorsed by recommendations of two of the association’s members.
4) Membership applications fulfilling the above requirements shall be considered by the Board of Directors, and all decisions shall be taken by the majority of two-thirds of the members present.
5) Applicants shall become members after approval of their applications by the board of Directors and payment of all dues.
6) Members shall automatically lose their membership if they fail to pay the subscription fees for two successive years.